www.aliceblanch.com

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Selected Wet Plates #1



Here are some random tintypes Ive come across on the net, but haven't been able to find much about the artists or more of their work.
Top two are by a guy names Carlos Arrieta. From what I can gather these are photographs taken on an iphone, turned into a negative and exposed onto a tintype. If it is true then I like the use of modern and historic photography! iphones probably have an app that can create tintype looking images, but i hope these really are tintypes.

The last image is by Barbara Dombach. She has s website, but this image came from another site and i couldnt find anything like it on her personal site. I like the use of four square tintypes to create a whole. Iam not sure of the size, but I imagine them to be quite small and intimate (could be completely wrong here).

I guess I am just interested in how others are using wetplate to represent elements of nature, leaves, weeds etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Adelaide, SA, Australia
If you are interested in my work, check out my website- www.aliceblanch.com or blog at clouddreamss.blogspot.com.au