www.aliceblanch.com

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Jody Ake









These photographs are Ambrotypes (wet plate negative, backed with a black material or paint to create a positive).
With wet plate there seems to be thousands of images of still lives and portraits but a limited number of landscapes (or good ones anyways), which is why I have put these images up. I quite like the vastness of the landscapes and the cloud in the top image. 
Iam not too interested in the content of the last three sets of images, but am blown away by the hand colouring that the artist has done. It really is wonderful, and detailed-Id love to see them in real life!
See more at Jody Ake's website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Adelaide, SA, Australia
If you are interested in my work, check out my website- www.aliceblanch.com or blog at clouddreamss.blogspot.com.au