www.aliceblanch.com

Sunday, May 6, 2012

S.Gayle Stevens

Blow

Untitled

Dragonfly

Estuary

Fall

Map

Orbit

Pine
These tintypes are made by S.Gayle Stevens. Her work is quite lovely, I like the small size that she works at (images above are around 5x5inches each) and her use of these small photographs to work together to create something larger, as seen below. The images above are from the series 'Calligraphy' where Stevens has drawn representations of natural objects collected over time and then exposed them on the the tin. The drawing are amazing, and I would not have know that they were drawings unless I was stated!
See more work here.
Blow (diptych)


Faux Flocked Filgree

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Adelaide, SA, Australia
If you are interested in my work, check out my website- www.aliceblanch.com or blog at clouddreamss.blogspot.com.au